Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Do you offer a free version of the product?
- 2. Will the product work with Kerio Firewall, ISA Server, IIS and other server software?
- 3. My network has no server or gateway computer. Is it still possible to limit clients with this product?
- 4. Do I need to install the program on each network client?
- 5. What limitations are there in the free trial versions?
- 6. What are the per-client licensing requirements?
- 7. What type of network adapters are supported?
- 8. Is it possible to obtain a refund after purchasing the product?
- 9. How do I distribute bandwidth evenly for all active users?
- 10. What are the minimum system requirements?
Yes we provide Bandwidth Controller Personal Edition free of charge. It contains absolutely no advertising, spyware, malware or any other types of inappropriate packaging. The product is 100% freeware.
We support all major firewall and server software. The product only performs bandwidth management and monitoring and does not interfere with existing software.
3. My network has no server or gateway computer. Is it still possible to limit clients with this product?
Yes. Bandwidth Controller Standard supports Server-Free Mode which allows you to distribute bandwidth evenly for all users, even without a server computer. For more information on this feature see Deployment and Installation in the online help.
For most network architectures, the product only needs to be installed on the main internet server computer. There is no need for any client configuration or installation.
The demo contains full functionality, except for the 30 day trial period.
Standard edition supports up to 25 concurrent users, and Enterprise up to 2,000. If the client limit is exceeded, additional client traffic will be queued until there is a free slot.
All types of network adapters are supported, including WAN (DSL, cable modem, dial-up, PPPoE) and LAN adapters (Realtek, Intel and most other adapters).
We offer a full, no questions asked refund for all credit card purchases within the first 30 days. This period is in addition to the 30 day trial offered by the demo version. We do ask users to try the demo first to help us avoid refunds, as there is a small cost associated for us. See our Guarantee for more information.
The online tutorial covers load distribution as well as other configuration scenarios.
Personal Edition requires Windows 2000 or XP, with at least 512 MB RAM and 800 MHz CPU.
Standard Edition requires Windows 2000 or XP, with at least 768 MB RAM and 1 GHz CPU.
Enterprise requires Windows 2000 or XP or 2003 Server, with at least 1 GB RAM and 1.4 GHz CPU.